About the Pre-sales & After-sales category

In order to serve customers more efficiently, we will gradually migrate technical support tickets to the forum.

We’re so sorry you hit a snag! Please post with a short description of your problem in the title.

Every new post in this section will get attention from someone at Cloudray. If there’s an email and a forum post on the same topic, the staff will address one and close out the other. If a post deals with personal information, order information, or the like, please send a message to support group.

Since we’re aiming to create helpful content both for posters AND for later readers who come to find a solution, we may edit your post for clarity. When a staff member addresses it, they will usually close it. If you’d like to continue discussing after the staff answer, you can open a new thread in a different section for discussion.

I hope we can help!

I purchased a CO2 Laser CR Series (55W-100W) CO2 Laser Cutting Machine with Industrial Chiller / 100W CR7050-C. The chiller is not working correctly. Today, I Turned it on, and the alarm activated with the code E2. I tried to reset it back to the factory, and it still showed the same code. I followed the manual and even made sure the water level was within the safe range. I took the side vents off to see if there was something obviously wrong. I could not tell. The compressor seems to not turn on. Also, I’m not sure, but the capacitor was not hot or warm. I did not ohm or take anything apart. As a new product, I did not want to void any warranty. Can anyone help me with this situation, and How can we remedy this?

Contact the official after-sales team and it will be resolved for you. E-mail: info@cloudray.com